Saturday 2 January 2016

EYEBROWS: what's the big deal???

It's undeniable that eyebrows have been one of the biggest rising stars of the past five years. I remember a time when I didn't have to think about those little hairs above my eyes, they were always there, just doing their thing, stopping sweat getting in my corneas and whatnot. Then all of a sudden. Bam. I was supposed to grow and pluck, and draw and dye, and shape and... I'm not really sure what else actually but the earlier list is still quite a bloody lot if you ask me anyway.

The thing is though, my eyebrows were destined for the nineties, when Kate Moss got everyone reaching for the tweezers and plucking 'till they were barely visible. Yep, that's my eyebrows. Consisting of about two white-blonde hairs per brow, they're not exactly rivalling Lily Collins any time soon, but I was ok with that really. Nobody seemed to notice, apart from my sister who would get endless enjoyment seeing my eyebrows turn bright white whenever we went on holiday to anywhere plus 20 degrees. I don't even think most boys registered eyebrows when looking at a girls face. That's until she came along. And you all know who I'm talking about. Cara bloody Delevingne. And those bloody eyebrows.


I think most women had probably pined after the eyebrows of original brow icon Audrey Hepburn at some point or another, but it was just written off as a bad job. That's until little old Delevingne came along and sales for eyebrow pencils and brushes and dyes went through the roof. Now we were supposed to achieve this look at home, despite our lack of actual eyebrow and despite the fact that even if we did somehow achieve her look, the rest of our face would still be... well, ours.


Photograph- Pinterest

And if that weren't bad enough, then came the rise of the bleached brow. The counter trend to the big, black brow, Miley did it, Kendall did it. Christ even Kim Kardashian bleached her eyebrows. But how would this go down in the real world? Maybe it would be the answer to all my prayers. Maybe with invisible eyebrows the boys would come a running...

Or maybe not. The dye is ordered people. I will report back. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment