Tuesday 29 December 2015

Life Lessons From Lemmy

As everyone was still eating mice pies last night, the devastating news came in that Motörhead front man and general legend, Lemmy Kilmister had died after being diagnosed with cancer on Boxing Day.


Photograph- IBTimes
And as the world of music sadly mourns the loss of one of its greats I think its only right that we look back and remember some of his finest moments both in music, fashion, and life. He himself said in his book, White Line Fever, "People don't become better when they're dead; you just talk about them as if they are. But it's not true! People are still assholes, they're just dead assholes!"But there's no denying it Lemmy, you were pretty brilliant. Everyone take note, this man knew what he was on about. 

"If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

"There was a magazine in England who said I screwed 2,000 women and I didn’t; I said 1,000. When you think about it, it isn't that unreasonable."

"I don't do regrets. Regrets are pointless. It's too late for regrets. You've already done it, haven't you? You've lived your life. No point wishing you could change it."

"Religion is stupid anyway. I mean, a virgin gets pregnant by a ghost! You would never get away with that in a divorce court, would you?"

"I don't think it's fair to be waving your dick around when people are minding their own business and might not want to see it."Well, I can't argue with that last one. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment