Monday 5 October 2015

Here Goes Nothing...

So, as a teenage girl of the millennium of course I’ve had endless internal debates on whether or not (or when) to start a blog. (A blog that will of course quickly develop thousands of avid followers and lead to a bounty of free gifts and eventually a life seemingly made up solely of parties with celebrity friends, countless brunches, holidays only to the most instagrammable of destinations and then, inevitably, even my own exercise regime.)
This debate has been ongoing for such a long time that once, a few years ago, it even accumulated in one very misjudged blog post that was quickly deleted by the author from its platform and then swiftly from my memory. However, if forced to recall, it was most likely a hormone fuelled rant about how 14 year old boys are just the worst and Avril Lavigne is still truly the biggest style icon of the 21st century. And hey, it’s still half true, Avril is an icon, so maybe the post wasn’t such a bad idea after all.
But it’s only after coming to university and being told that I actually have to start a blog that every single good idea I ever had for starting my online empire disappeared and the idea instead became cold sweat inducing. My make up skills are the mockery of my friends, my yoga technique still remains very questionable and I would probably rather fail my degree than be the next ‘Zoella’. (Sorry ‘Zoella’, it’s nothing personal- if it helps my little sister is your biggest fan.)
So I’m just going to have to work with what I’ve got. I am a single 19 year old fashion student living in the age of both the most unwearable catwalk trends and Tinder.
Here, amid my ramblings, I’m hopefully going to explore how the latest trends really work for the average woman in day-to-day life. A girl who isn’t 6ft tall and a size 6. A girl who would rather sleep for ten minutes longer than wash her hair. But, at the end of the day, a girl who wants to be able to wear her flares and pompom adorned shoes without being laughed out of town (or more likely, Ocean nightclub).
Enjoy reading Mum!
Here goes nothing.
Pushing the style boundaries from a young age.
(NB: no dogs or children were harmed in the making of this photo)

0 comments:

Post a Comment